Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Responibility & Compassion

It's been two and a half weeks since Aeolae was euthanized and I still miss her. It's not like I'm going to forget her but I mourn for the lost potential and the fact that she was a good horse. The only consolation is the fact that she was in pain that we couldn't do anything about and we had the responsibility to make sure she had a good life. We couldn't reasonably assure that would happen even with another family; in fact there was a decent chance that she would suffer worse in somebody else's hands. This raised the question of our responsibility to her and to ourselves. I am convinced after months of wrangling with the issues that we did the right thing and released her spirit to run and play without the pain of daily living.

1 comment:

  1. well said my wife and I miss her too and wish things had looked better for her

    ReplyDelete