Saturday, April 10, 2010

A lot of work

I heard once in an interview done by Pat Parelli that many horse owners don't make it through the first five years of ownership. Those that do tend to be hooked in for the long haul. I'd like to be one of the latter but I can understand why people give up on them. They are an awful lot of work especially when one is getting set up. One of the things that I hope to get done, actually need to get done if I'm going to get real training done and the horses are going to quit being lawn ornaments, is to get a round pen built. That means at this point removing the tree stumps from the designated area since our 58 acres is mostly covered in trees, pounding in the poles and attaching the fencing - I'm thinking of using some orange snow fencing we have for that. I try not to think too much about it since it is aan awful amount of work on top of just taking care of the equines. I am gradually feeling better though and with the beautiful weather we've been having hopefully I'll be up to tackling the project. As it is I am resolved to assist more in the daily care of the horses after a winter of not feeling a good at all and conseqently cutting back on doing everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment